April 2, 2013
It's April, say what?
1) It is already April. How this happened I do not know. I will probably say this again on May 2nd as well.
2) I haven't been writing here. I enjoy stating the obvious. Sorry.
3) I had a fun trip to Washington, D.C. to see my folks. Thank you to all my new Instagram friends for enduring eleventy thousand pictures of sightseeing. If we're not friends yet on Instagram you can find me here: http://instagram.com/crazyauntpurl. You may have noticed I now stalk all of you obsessively through your photos. It is so much better than online shopping and costs less.
4) Speaking of DC and funny shopping things ... about one hour into my trip, I lost my credit card. I think I left it at the bar at LAX. I didn't realize this until I arrived in DC and the hotel needed a card for room incidentals and I opened my wallet and OH NO. Well, I didn't want to give them my debit mastercard because I think that sounds risky (and based on my track record that day, I decided less risk is best.) So I looked through my wallet at my options and finally decided to secure my room bill with my Bloomingdale's card. Which happens to be an Amex.
In conclusion, once again Bloomingdale's is my mothership.
5) Hey -- will you vote for my friend Ken? (Keep scrolling for details how.) I don't ask this stuff often because I am sensitive to both how annoying it can be to you and also how it opens a floodgate of people asking me to promote their stuff, which meh, but Ken has totally been my health inspiration lately.
Check him out:
Here is the story: he was working at a job he did not like and gained a lot of weight (who can relate to this? The me of 2010, that is who.) He left the bad job and now we work in the same office and WOW. He has changed his entire life through just diet and exercise. He even got a little email thing started here at work so that some of us who need motivation to exercise will get off our booties and move. He's amazing. Plus, he is the nicest guy you will ever meet. We're working on a project together and he never looses his cool or cries into his elbow like me.
So Ken participated in a transformation challenge and if he gets enough votes he could win a big prize!
Here's how to vote for Ken to win:
1. Click on the following link: http://bit.ly/15O3RjI
2. Click the "Like" button in the upper-right-corner
a. If not already logged into Facebook, login and re-click the above link
3. Scroll down and click on the "Vote" button.
4. That is all! =)
Ken has really inspired me and encouraged me to put fitness back into my life and I thought this would be a nice way to show him I appreciate it.
OK, one more complaint about it being April -- that is all :)
Posted by laurie at April 2, 2013 10:29 AM